HOW TO BOOST YOUR CONFIDENCE LEVEL?
Low confidence level will take you nowhere. It’s a hurdle that will bring a brake in your successful life. No one is born with limitless self-confidence. If you see someone who is fluffed up with self-confidence, it’s because he or she has worked upon building it for many years. Self-confidence is a habit that you learn to build up by challenging various external sources and tend to win over them.
Self-confidence can be defined as a quality of trusting yourself, your abilities, and your judgment power. To boost your self-confidence, here are some tips which will help you to achieve the same:
1. Stop comparing your success rate with others: If you are comparing your salary with your friend, then it isn’t a healthy practice. This might lead to inferiority complex which further extends to toxic jealousy. These feelings might ruin your relation and eat up your professional lives. Many people are living at different pay scales, maybe more or less than you. You can’t compare yourself with everyone. Doing so won’t offer a satisfaction level at any point. Always remember, everyone is running their own race and they are their own competitor. Therefore, strive to do better in your tomorrow.
2. Consider yourselves equal to everyone: People who have low self-confidence often see other people more capable and intelligible. Instead of this perception, offer yourself with the thought of equality. See yourself as being equal to everyone. No one is better or more deserving than you. Make a shift to an equality mentality. You need to do it to see a boost in your self-confidence.
3. Think about how you want to lead your life: By visualizing how you desire to lead your life will help you to see an image of a person who is happy and satisfied. When we have low self-confidence, we have a poor perception about ourselves that we can actually achieve anything. This happens to inaccurate. Practice visualizing a successful version of yourself for achieving your desired goals.
4. Face your fears: Instead of avoiding your fears, face them. This will help you to be self-reliant. By doing something that scares you will help you to achieve the desired confidence. Increase the number of your experiences and you will see a positive result. So, get out of your comfort zone, face your fears and trust yourself.
5. Stay positive with your thoughts: Instead of visualizing everything negative, try to find some tint of positivity in that everything. Negative thoughts will shut down your mind and will be a hurdle in gaining trust on yourself. Through the help of positivity, you can gain a lot while you are travelling to the path of success.
6. Practice self-compassion: Self compassion is basically treating yourself with kindness when you make a mistake, fail, or experience a rejection. Speaking or handling yourself with harsh remarks, won’t motivate you to do better instead, it will make you feel that you are not worthy. Therefore, try to talk to yourself, find solutions behind your problems and make yourself realize that if not this time then ‘definitely’ next time.
7. Create Boundaries: Learn to say no. You can’t be generous always and extend a helping hand whenever a person demands for it. In other words, you can’t let yourself be used for other people’s desires and fancies. Teach others that how to respect your personal boundaries. Be assertive, learn to ask, and say the things that you want. The more control you have over your own life, the greater will be your self-confidence.